Pf is proud to announce a new FREE webinar series with Triducive. The first webinar, focuses on pharma and integrated care systems. In this article integrated care expert Tim Warren, explores how pharma needs to understand and work with NHS Integrated Care Systems in order to succeed.
“By April 2021, Integrated Care Systems will cover the whole country…our aim is to make the biggest national move to integrated care of any major western country” NHS Long Term Plan, 2017
Change is on its way
Change is happening to the way care is commissioned and provided. How this will play out remains to be seen, but commissioners and providers will undoubtedly need to:
- Take a longer-term view with a broader perspective of what value means to an integrated organisation.
- Shift their focus to defining, delivering and measuring patient-centred outcomes.
- Work within capitated budgets, using longer-term contracts and more stringent service level agreements.
“Integrated care pathways must be developed to reflect the new structure and needs of the NHS”
A new structure requires new approaches to delivering care. The NHS will be looking to develop new care pathways to reflect its new structure and make the most of integrated health and social care resources.
This asks questions of pharma brands
Providing consistent levels of care in the lowest intensity setting to reduce costs will be important to achieve as will developing the pathways alongside patients.
- How well suited is it to use in a new location/by a different HCP?
- Would greater consistency of treatment approach be beneficial?
- Can savings elsewhere in the pathway be demonstrated?
Align your brand’s value story to the needs of ICS
Pharma has the opportunity to support ICSs to define the optimum patient journey and enable resource allocation modelling to ensure best outcomes and experience of care while defensibly reshaping staff or location costs.
For marketers with brands aiming to play leading roles in their market, this will be a golden opportunity to help identify ways to bring greater consistency and consideration to treatment approaches which can optimise access for brands while demonstrating their leadership and partnership with the NHS.
- The emerging role of ICS and their goals
- How Integrated Care Pathways will support ICS goals
- How pharma brands can engage and benefit
Presented by Tim Warren, Triducive
Tim is an expert in integrated care and has vast experience with helping organisations and the NHS to develop and drive the use of integrated care pathways. He will be sharing his expertise, advice and answering your questions to help you engage and benefit from ICS. Want to know more from Tim, read his article: How will the NHS’s evolution towards integrated care unfold?
Pf’s FREE webinar series in conjunction with Triducive