Following its launch to corporate health insurance customers, the Aviva Digital GP service (provided by Aviva in collaboration with Now Healthcare Group) has broadened the service to include its SME and individual health insurance customers.
The Aviva Digital GP service (fully accredited by the Care Quality Commission), provides around-the-clock access to consultations with a GP as well as access to pharmacy services. Customers will receive any prescriptions through their app and will also be able to order repeat NHS prescriptions. In addition, they can choose to have their medication delivered to their door, or ‘click and collect’ from a local pharmacy.
Customers will be invited to register for the service after they purchase or renew their PMI policy and will be able to access the following features:
- Video consultations with an NHS-registered GP for a medical diagnosis, e-prescription or advice – including advice on pre-existing conditions.
- Repeat NHS prescription ordered in-app at NHS rates, with free delivery and no need to book a consultation with a GP.
- Medicines delivered directly to customers’ homes, offices or their local pharmacy.
- A choice of whether consultations are with a male or female GP, and customers also have the option of booking consultations with the same doctor each time they use the service.
- A choice of 12 languages, so customers can select their preferred language.
- Access to GPs’ credentials (such as special areas of interest) to help choose a doctor to suit their needs.
- Access to a UK-wide pharmacy network offering a next-day private prescription delivery service (or two to four hours in central London).
- Chat function connecting the customer to NHS registered GPs or Now pharmacy to ask for advice.
- Children under 16 can be added to the account for paediatric GP consultations.
CEO and Founder of Now Healthcare Group, Lee Dentith said: “The UK national health service faces daily pressures, so allowing more people to make informed choices about when and how they take GP consultations and obtain their medications is ground-breaking.”
Aviva Digital GP service replaces the 24/7 GP helpline service that was previously available.